by Cooking Light
Yield12 servings (serving size: 1 wedge)
- Cooking spray
- 1 1/4 cups stone-ground cornmeal
- 1 cup fresh corn kernels (about 2 ears)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced pickled jalapeÃ±o peppers
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 375Â°.
2. Place a 9-inch cast-iron skillet coated with cooking spray in oven 5 minutes or until heated.
3. Combine cornmeal, corn, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk; make a well in center of mixture. Combine buttermilk, cheese, jalapeÃ±os, butter, honey, oil, and eggs in a small bowl; add to cornmeal mixture. Stir just until combined.
4. Spoon mixture into preheated pan. Bake at 375Â° for 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. Cut into 12 wedges.